Re: Re-sizing Redo Log Files in 8.0.5

From: s. hunter <sarahxhunter_at_NOSPAMTHANX.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:38:44 +0100

*lol* yes, well.. I realise that there is no such thing as a simple oracle command..

By the way, we have a RAID system so the files are striped anyway, I guess. I have 2 groups with 2 members in each .The only reason that I might add a 3rd group would be if archiver was causing the database to hang.. which it isn't at the moment. mainly because I'm not archiving!!

And before you all start yelling about my backup and recovery strategy, all the data is loaded from a CD and the database cannot be written to apart from that. I'm not in a 247 situation.. My redo logs are 200M because the data upload would cause them to switch every 2 seconds during that time...

But thanks for all your advice : )

Sarah Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 09:38:44 CST