Re: PL/SQL SPROC Sub Query Params

From: Keith Boulton <boulke_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:27:42 GMT

On Thu, 09 Dec 1999 15:32:41 GMT, davedejawilson_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>This sql statement work dynamically, but not in a stored proc.
>Please ignore dates passed as string, as this is done to get around my
>report writer problems.
>
>CREATE PROCEDURE SP_TEST (start_date in varchar2, end_date in varchar2,
>user_code in varchar2, user_name in varchar2, my_cursor in out
>dbsp.cursor_type) AS
>BEGIN
At a guess you are using an oracle 7(.3?) database. The oracle documentation is incorrect, the inline view syntax you require does not work in a stored procedure. In particular, from my own experience, outer joins and some functions cause this syntax error message. Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 07:27:42 CST