Listener problem with 2 instances on 1 NT server

From: VdWal <vdwal_at_tref.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:15:33 +0100

I have a problem with connecting to more than one instances on one NT-Server.

With SQL-NET easy configuration I can connect with (for example) alias OWS to instance ORCL. On the server I have started the listener process for this service (instance).

When i modify the listener.ora file I can connect with another alias, (for example) named PRV to another Instance named PREV. In this situation the listener has started the listening process for instance PREV A N D N O T for the instance ORCL.

I want to configure the listener so that it will react on both the alias OWS and the alias PRV.

I Think I make a mistake with the last part in the listener.ora file. The last part of the file is italic and bold.

Below the contents of this file:

################

# Filename......: listener.ora

# Node..........: local.world

# Date..........: 24-MAY-94 13:23:20

################

LISTENER =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL= IPC)

(KEY= oracle.world)

)

(ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL= IPC)

(KEY= ORCL)
)

(ADDRESS=

(COMMUNITY= NMP.world)

(PROTOCOL= NMP)

(SERVER= NT-SERVER3)

(PIPE= ORAPIPE)
)

(ADDRESS=

(COMMUNITY= TCP.world)

(Host = nt-server3)

(PROTOCOL= TCP)

(Port= 1521)

)

(ADDRESS=

(COMMUNITY= TCP.world)

(Host = nt-server3)

(PROTOCOL= TCP)

(Port= 1526)

)

)

STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0 CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10 TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = ADMIN SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =

(SID_DESC =

(SID_NAME = ORCL)
)

)

PASSWORDS_LISTENER = (oracle)

Please If you know more let me know.

Derk van der Wal
Geometra
The Netherlands
vdwal_at_tref.nl

Background info:

On one Windows NT server (name NT-SERVER3) with Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.3. there are running two SID's. Of both the service and the instance is started. The first is called ORCL (default) and the second is called PREV.

I use a small workgroup with some NT-cliënts. On this cliënt I have confiugured the connection to the Oracle database with SQL-NET easy configuration.

I'm working with the Named Pipes protocol. Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 03:15:33 CST