Update takes an insanely long time

From: Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 16:40:30 -0600

Hi gurus,

    I have a question for you all. One of my developers is trying to update a table with around

    16500 records . She is trying a very simple update statement     update tablename set column1 = 'N' where column1 = 'Y'     She has around 12500 records which will be affected.     It has taken around 16 hours now for this simple operation. Other tables on the same

    instance do not have any problems for similar updates.     There were about 35 constraints on this table which I disable hoping to do better this time

    without any success. Am I missing something obvious ? Should I be concerned about anything else ??

                                                    Any comments,
suggestions , ideas will be appreciated.

Tapan H Trivedi
Will be grateful if you could reply to the e-mail address also. Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 16:40:30 CST