Quintiles searching for strong Oracle DBA with Peoplesoft experience

From: <dunger_at_qrtp.quintiles.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:08:30 -0800

I'm a corporate recruiter with Quintiles, Inc. I wanted to make you aware of an opportunity we have in the Research Triangle Park, NC. First, a little about us...

Quintiles is the world's leading full-service contract research organization specializing in accelerating the drug, biologic and device development process from preclinical trials through regulatory submission. We offer a casual working atmosphere, educational assistance, stock options and ownership, personal computer reimbursement, matching 401k, etc.

We are currently looking for an Oracle DBA with Peoplesoft skills. If interested, please respond via Email to: dunger_at_qrtp.quintiles.com and/or through our website at: www.quintiles.com. Reference job # 959. Description to follow...

APPLICATION SOFTWARE ANALYST III
(Oracle DBA)
Job #959DU

Individual will be responsible for performing the database administration functions for database supported projects to include installations, upgrades, and maintenance of software, as well as providing internal support to developer staff. Individual will also be responsible for specific database modeling, performance tuning, routine maintenance, and maintaining back-up/disaster recovery plans for the instances supported, as well as developing/implementing strategies which include project leadership for Quintiles' IT operations to facilitate the growth of supported systems.

A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-6 years experience using UNIX/NT, Oracle DBA. Requirements also include 5 years experience using SQL/Oracle related tools, and 2 years experience with Oracle programming and development, project management/leadership experience, and PeopleSoft DBA experience. Individual must possess a special set of DBA skills for the supported applications, database administration, and project leadership with advanced communication skills to educate/lead other project team/department members. Industry experience preferred. Excellent conceptual, organizational, communication and problem solving skills are essential.

An EOE employer M/F/D/V

   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?a ****-  Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE - Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 13:08:30 CST