Re: what is pro-c ?

From: Greg Akins <gakinsNOgaSPAM_at_gatewayhealthplan.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 07:49:15 -0800

I was also trying to get info on Pro*C. Went to oracle and got a sample program.

However, I can't really find information about how to invoke... I have Oracle Enterprise Edition (which I assumed included Pro*C). But can't find any information about how to start the compiler.

Also, based on what you say I might write:

EXEC SQL SELECT ENAME, SAL, COMM
INTO :EMPREC INDICATOR :EMPREC_IND
FROM EMP
WHERE EMPNO = :EMP_NUMBER printf("emprec.remp_name.arr, emprec.salary) ;

and Pro*C would generate some lower level C code which I could compile with ?any ANSI-C Compiler?

Any help finding Pro*C on my system (I know, stupid request...) and clearing up that final compiler question, would be greatly appreciated.

-greg