ORA-007 Error on Novell Platform

From: Jonathan E Miller <jmiller_at_fnol.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 07:23:57 -0500

We're running 8.0.3.0.5 on Novell 5.0. That's the Oracle software given out free when purchasing Novell 5.0 We got the 0075 error when trying to execute an ALTER DATABASE with the OPEN option. For some reason the usual startup command did not open the database even though it had already been created. We needed to open the database to run a script to build the temp and rollback tablespaces and rollback segments but got the 0075 error. We shutdown the database, restarted and got the error again. Then we rebooted the server and things got worse! After Server cam back up we tried to get back into server manager and oracle hung. Never got the server manager prompt. Any suggestions will be greately appreciated!! Thank

Jonathan Miller Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 06:23:57 CST