Re: Oracle 8i Lite - ASP hangs after ODBC app closes

From: <sgornick_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 12:05:44 GMT

Found the problem.
Oracle 8i Lite is NOT a multiuser DBMS.

Dorks ..., you'ld think they would issue an ODBC error during the connect instead of letting it fall to pieces on the
disconnect?

Back to MS Access I guess.

(Or SQL Anywhere ... ? )
Any suggestions for a cheap DBMS for use on IIS, other than Access? I need to
have my C++ app query and update the
same DB that IIS is inserting records
into.

This is a low service application ..., maybe ten records PER HOUR, so that is why I'm looking for something less expensive than a full Oracle 8.0.3 installation here.

Any help?

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 06:05:44 CST