Net8 Performance Tuning (client/server tuning)

From: <bahung33_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 20:45:42 GMT

I am trying to accomplish two objectives. One, I want to  speed up the connection time from the client to the server.  It takes about 220
 milliseconds for TNSPing to return a response. However it  takes five or six seconds to connect to the database via  SQL*Plus. Second, I want to do general network (Net8) performance  tuning.

 What can I do to improve the connection time? What  strategy delivers the biggest bang for the bucks?

 Would you explain the differences between 'client load  balancing' and 'connection load balancing' and how to  implement both?

 Lastly, how do you determine the number of possible  connections per process for the particular operating  system? I'm trying to determine the initial number of dispatchers  to start.

 Thanks,

 Hung

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 14:45:42 CST