Multi-column keys: Multi-questions

From: Robert R. Wagner <expantes_at_maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:33:59 -0500

I have a tableA with multiple columns forming a primary key and tableB using that key as a foreign key. They tables were converted from Access by the conversion wizard, so I'm not really sharp on creating similar relationships for new tables, which I will soon need to do.

If I were starting from scratch:

  1. How would I create the multicolumn primary key in TableA using SQL*PLUS?
  2. How would I create the foreign key in TableB?

Once created, in SQL*PLUS, how do I see the names of the columns that form TableA's primary key?

Lastly, must the column names in tableB's foreign key be the same as those forming the primary key in TableA?

TIA >>>>>> Robert
ExpanTest, Inc.
22 Monument Square, Suite 503
Portland, ME 04101-4031
http://www.gwi.net/expantest
(207) 871-0224 Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 12:33:59 CST