Re: HELP:HOW TO LOGIN IN IN THE INSTANCE?

From: Alan Lee <alanlee88_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:40:01 GMT

I don't know how you setup your 2 new databases but my guess is that the password file is not setup right. However, you can try to access the databases via SVRMGRL (Server Manager). Look for it at orant\bin directory.

Good luck.

Alan Lee
Common Vision
Houston, Texas

In article <384dc241_at_news.centtel.com>,   "centtel.com" <gcao_at_centtel.com> wrote:
> Hi, I installed Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows NT in my
> personal machine.
> An instance "DATA" is created automatically as well. I can login in
the
> instance "DATA"
> by account "system" or "sys" in SQL*PLUS (Hoststring entry is blank).
> I created another two instances "DATA1" and "DATA2" and checked
these
> instances status
> are "started" in services of control panel. But I can not login in
these
> instances in SQL*PLUS
> by account "system" or "sys" (Hoststring entry is "DATA1" or "DATA2").
> Would you tell me why and how to login in these instance?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 10:40:01 CST