Re: oracle context - performance rel Question ?

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 06:26:02 GMT

Hi

Obviously you have indexes, firstly you should check your sql statement , secondly you could try and partition the table

Thirdly there is a way to speed up the result of your query by breaking up the result sets into units of say 20, and prompting for next results. you can also parralel execute the context query:

an example of how to do this is as follows:

ctx_query.contains(policy_name=>'documents',text_query=>search_string||' #1-20' ,restab=>'doc_ctx_docs',parallel=>2);

notice the '#1-20' that I append to the search string, this only retrieves the first twenty rows.

try at and tell us if it improved your query. I am interested in your experience as My biggest table only has 25000 rows but may grow.

> I need help in optimizing a oracle context
> search. I am new to the product and dont
> know where to tune to improve the response time
> of the search.
>
> Right now, two step search takes around 3 minutes
> to retrive records based on a
> key work from a table of 10 million rows. We
> have a policy and associated indexes
> created on the table.column. We are using two
> step query to search, retrieve the
> details and are using forms 5.0 as client to
> display the results on the screen. After a
> thorough investigation, i found out that
> ctx_query.contains(policy_name,
> query_string, resulttab, sharelevel) part of the
> step which populates the result table
> with the relavant records for query_string is
> taking considerable amount of time like
> 2 3/4 minutes and rest is done in 15 secs.
>
> Any suggestions on how i can improve the
> performance, where do i tune ? what do i
> modify ? etc
>
> your suggestions are highly appreciated!
>
> thanx in advance.
>
> Subu
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 00:26:02 CST