Re: HELP:HOW TO LOGIN IN IN THE INSTANCE?

From: dave mausner <dmausner_at_ameritech.>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:43:00 GMT

In article <384dc241_at_news.centtel.com>, "centtel.com" <gcao_at_centtel.com> wrote:
> I created another two instances "DATA1" and "DATA2" and checked these
>instances status
>are "started" in services of control panel. But I can not login in these
>instances in SQL*PLUS
>by account "system" or "sys" (Hoststring entry is "DATA1" or "DATA2").

the reason is that there is only one local database connection defined by default. if you must have multiple instances on one machine, you will need to change the value of the LOCAL parameter (in the environment) to the instance id you want to use, or you can create TNSNAMES for those instances and make a host-string connection.

in general, you only need one instance per computer for this exact reason.

--
Dave Mausner, Senior Manager, Braun Consulting Inc., Chicago. Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 22:43:00 CST