Re: How to stored files into databases?

From: Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:40:53 +1100

What is the size of files.
and their format.
if they are in text foramt and their size is less than 2k then you could use the utl_file package to open them, read them in and insert them into the database.
BUT if they are more than 2K or they are in binary format then you need to use lobs data type, which means you need to use dbms_lob package. using this package you can put files up to 4G (text bninary) into database. Good luck