Re: Database Configuration Assistant for 8i

From: GC <johnny_sanga_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 00:37:20 GMT

Mike Carter wrote:

> The databases were configured using the defaults from the Database
> Configuration Assistant. I have another server currently running two
> databases right now, so I know it can be done.
>
> Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com> wrote in message
> > You don't say how you configured the databases, but it is definitely
> > possible to run two on a server with 256M. In fact you can run three or
> > more.

I hit this problem a few days ago. The box had 128 megs, but still gave me an "out of memory" error. I drastically increased the virtual memory, and now I can have both instances running without problem (granted, with only 128 MB on NT with 8i, they run a little slow due to some heavy swapping, but the out of memory error hasn't occured again). Another thing you may want to do is drop the java pool size down from the default ~20MB to 4 or 5 MB unless you need really need it that high.

Cheers,
GC Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 18:37:20 CST