Re: DBWR flush parameter

From: Joel Garry <jgarry_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 22:48:06 GMT

In article <82f5bv021gu_at_enews4.newsguy.com>,   "Andre Whittick Nasser" <awnasser_at_openlink.com.br> wrote:
> I need to know what parameter sets the number of dirty buffers that
the
> server process searches in the LRU list before it forces a flush by
DBWR.

Maybe you are thinking of DB_BLOCK_WRITE_BATCH? The bigger it is, the less often dbwr is signalled to write. Compare to average write queue length in UTLEstat.

Or maybe DB_BLOCK_MAX_DIRTY_TARGET. Depends on your version, methinks.

> Thanks

jg
--
These opinions mine
mailto:joel-garry_at_nospam.home.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 16:48:06 CST