Trace file name camouflages!

From: Robert Chung <robertch_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 17:27:21 GMT

I need to programmatically find Oracle database trace file. I can find user_dump_dest and server process id (=SPID) by querying Oracle, but I am having problem because trace file name can be
"ora_{SPID}.trc" in one database, "ora_{ORACLE_SID}_{SPID}.trc" in
other database, while yet another database can have trace file with
"{ORACLE_SID}_ora_{SPID}.trc" name format. How in the world can I
find which trace file format a particular database has? I tried looking up parameter file with no success. Thank you in advance. Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 11:27:21 CST