Database Configuration Assistant for 8i

From: Mike Carter <mike_at_delriotech.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:19:04 -0600

I am trying to create two databases on an NT (SP 5) server. One of these database is to be used for the OEM Repository, and the other is for my application. I am able to successfully create one database; however, I receive "out of memory" errors when creating any database after the first one.

I have tried shutting down the first instance before creating the second one. This actually allows the Database Configuration Assistant to complete creation of the second database. The problem here is that I can't have both instances up and running at the same time after the second is created. Although the services are running fine, I am unable to connect to the second database.

The server has 256 MB of memory. Is this a lack of memory issue or what? Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 11:19:04 CST