Oracle CLOB & ADO Problems

From: Jérémy CALLES <je_at_aucland.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:44:10 +0100

Hi,

I'm just trying to migrate my Visual Basic 6 from SQL Server 7 to Oracle 8i But I have a problem accessing CLOB fields with ADO 3.51 Objects.

When I use ADODB.Recordset with a "SELECT * from pubs" where pubs contains a CLOB field, the recordset.EOF always returns TRUE.

When I use ADODB.Recordset with a "SELECT tex,... from pubs" where pubs tex is the only CLOB field in the SELECT, then the recordset.EOF is OK. but when I access try to get to the 'tex' field value, I get this error:

"Run-time error -2147217887
Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done."

My configuration is a PC on Windows 2000 with VB6 SP3, oracle 8i and ODBC Driver from ORACLE version 8.01.05.00.

Thanks in advance.

Jérémy Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 10:44:10 CST