Re: slowing down after a few days

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:15:44 GMT

Hello Peter,

There are lots of possibilities. One common cause of these symptoms is having too large a shared pool. Performance is great until the shared pool gets full and degrades in proportion with activity thereafter. You can monitor the 'free memory' statistic in V$SGASTAT to check out this possibility.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/