Re: sqlplus core dump

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:09:03 -0000

I've had exactly the same problem (on same config) and was eventually directed to the otrace/admin directory under ORACLE_HOME.

If you find here files ending .dat (regid.dat, collect.dat, facility.dat) then delete them and restart the instance and listener.

These files are used for some unstable utility (I can't remember what) that causes sqlnet crashes and core dumps.

Other hints and tips I was given :
Set the TWO_TASK env variable to the sid name to bypass MTS. Make sure the TWO_TASK env variable has not been set and ensure MTS is being used.

Deleting the .dat files seemed to work though (obviously the other pieces of sage advice did not !).

hth
NeilC.