Re: Oracle Client AIX 43 against 8.0.5. Server under Linux

From: Michael Tapal <mt_at_seelhof.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:43:29 +0100

> There are no problem to utilize a RS6000 running AIX4.3 as a client. With
> SQL*Net, you can connect to any others servers like your Linux or NT.
>
> You needn't buy the entire database. You can juste, for example, buy the
> developement license for Pro*C and create your application.
>
> HTH.
> Yang

thank you - another question

Is this a standalone product ?

where can I obtain such a development license ? I need only the OCI client for testing purposes

I know I can buy the complete OTN Developer series ORACLE Databases for Unix for $200, but I don't know where to buy a PRO*C standalone license.

direct from oracle ? Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 05:43:29 CST