Re: creating new oracle instance in windows NT server

From: <vijaylamba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 00:58:21 GMT

hi,
if u have oracle client loaded on your machine then goto programs --oracle for windowsNT -- (a.if u have oracle 7) sqlnet easy configuration
there u will need to give an alias - usually same as your system identifier (SID) and host name (IP address), SID, protocol (TCP/IP). save and then try connecting. in case of oracle 8 goto programs --oracle for windowsNT -- oracle net8 easy config and do the same.
if client is not loaded then append (in the last) the following to your tnsnames.ora file in orant/network/admin (in case of oracle 7) or orant/net80/admin directory

abc.WORLD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = tcp.world)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host = 999.99.99.99)(Port = 1521))

      (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = tcp.world)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host = 999.99.99.99)(Port = 1526))

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = abc))
  )

abc is your SID and abc.WORLD is the alias. Replace 999.99.99.99 with your server/host IP address.
let me know if it works.
contact me at vijaylamba_at_aol.com if you need anything specific all the best
Vijay
In article <1c31fd54.9ec4fc5f_at_usw-ex0110-075.remarq.com>,   Waleed <waleed_akashaNOwaSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> while trying to create a new oracle database on an NT
> server after completing all the steps at the second stage
> (Creation of the database system files)it gave an
> error 'unable to connect to distination' so what is wrong.
> how can i over come this problem...
> I am not a DBA so try to give more details as u explain
> thanx every body

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 06 1999 - 18:58:21 CST