AQ propagation in 8.0.5x

From: AleX <alexx_at_dock.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 19:11:13 GMT

Hi all!

I'm trying to see if it'd be possible at all to enable parallelism for AQ propagation in 8.0.5x. Obviously, propagation can be done in parallel for Advanced Replication, and I suspect that Oracle is essentially using the same code base to push both queues... so is it possible at all? Any knowledgable reply is highly appreciated.

By the way, has anyone had any experience with AQ propagation between two remote database using multiconsumer queues in 8.0.5x? If so, do you have suggestions as to how to make it propagate faster than 30-60 messages per second? Oracle Support is deaf and mute as always when it comes to one of their more exotic products, and the only thing I could find on-line was the usual rubbish a-la 'get 2 more quads and double your RAM'.

--

                 Alex Shterenberg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 06 1999 - 13:11:13 CST