oracle jdbc connect GPF

From: ed zappulla <zappullae_at_rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:26:19 -0500

I have oracle 8.0.5.0.0 installed. When I use the following connect statement my Java app GPFs. I've run into this before and have had to roll back to the 8.0.4 jdbc driver because they came with the debug (_g) version and the 8.0.5 version does not. However, rolling back is no longer an option and I need to make the apps work with 8.0.5 out of the box.

Does anyone know why the Oracle JDBC driver GPFs when I try to do a simple connect?

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"); parms.conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@local", "system", "manager"); Received on Mon Dec 06 1999 - 10:26:19 CST