ORA-12223 on Siemens RM-400

From: Fritz <fritz_nospam_at_mail4u.nl>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:58:15 +0100

Hi all,

just a moment ago one of our applications running Oracle 7.3.2. on a Siemens RM-400 with Reliant Unix 5.4.3.30.c gave an SQL*Net error: 'ORA-12223: TNS: internal limit restriction exceeded'. It happened when a user tried to connect the database through SQL*Plus.
Does anyone know what causes this failure ? Documentation says that there are to many users but as far as I can see there are onle a handfull. Is it possible to reset a parameter within SQLNet that will solve this problem or is it a restriction in combination with Unix ?? Please advise, tia.

Bert Jan Meinders
Oracle DBA
ASR-ICT Received on Mon Dec 06 1999 - 09:58:15 CST