Re: Newbie -- db reporting help!

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 14:52:04 GMT

Frankly, I wouldn't try to do this with Oracle reports - I find it too difficult for other than simple stuff( may be my problem, may be Oracle's)

I use Crystal reports 7 to do all my reporting from Oracle data and Excel ( via ODBC or Oraexcel ) to do cross--tabs ...Either one will be much easier for you to get the type of results you want - Crystal also provides dimensional analysis ( Data cubes ) for OLAP ....

Check out Crystal at www.seagatesoftware.com/crystalreports

(Oraexcel - a non-ODBC Oracle/Excel connection tool is available from http://members.aol.com/gjlinker )