Session ends w/no error message?

From: <saul_toohey_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:38:39 GMT

Hi,

We have been having some problems with stored procedures on our database. Our problem is that we execute stored procedures from the command line that are syntactically correct but intermittently "hang", then the session dissappears from the top session manager list. No error message is sent to the client computer causing the client think that the statement is still executing. The procedures run fine when broken into single SQL statements and run from the command line.

This problem has also happened when the stored procedure runs fine when executed from the command line but when submitted through the job que, it does the same as above only in the background process.

We are working with Oracle 7.3.2 on Windows NT and have a development and a production server with the exact same configuration. The problem happens on both. Is there some configuration settings that we may be missing?? This is getting very frustrating and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Saul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 06 1999 - 06:38:39 CST