Recovering past a datafile addition

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 20:20:21 -0000

If I take an online backup at time-point A then add a datafile to a tablespace at time-point B (taking a backup of the controlfile before and afterwards) what exactly is the procedure for recovering past the point at which the datafile was added (take as granted I have restored all datafiles that were backup up at time A) ? How does the physical file get created ?

Platform is AIX4.3 and Oracle 8.0.4.3.

Thanks,
Neil C. Received on Sun Dec 05 1999 - 14:20:21 CST