empty libnldap8.a ???

From: Fernando <parnate_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 12:22:31 GMT

Hi!
I downloaded both the Enterprise and Standard Edition of Oracle8i for Linux from technet.oracle.com (great speed now, by the way, it seems they have changed their network connection). BUT: In both editions, the file libnldap8.a has size zero. And, what is even worse, when I want to start svrmgrl for the first time, I get the error message:
TNS:could not resolve service name

Of course, because when looking at $OH/bin, I can see that lsnrctl ist not even an executable file. Very strange. Of course there's the option of re-linking the whole things (the patch from technet does that anyway). But then, I run into difficulties: libclntsh has to be recreated as well, and genclntsh need the above mentioned libnldap8.a which is invalid. Or has it to do with the missing ~OH/lib/ldflags ?

I really hope that somebody can help me???

Thanks in advance & bye,
Gerald

--
"I want to go back
"Where?"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 04 1999 - 06:22:31 CST