Re: Extent size

From: <vijaylamba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 11:17:07 GMT

Hi Pierre,
First of all if your oracle version is 7 then u can have maximum 249 extents but if it is oracle 8 then it is a much higher value. Therefore if u specify a small extent size, then in case of oracle 7, u might get the maxextents error. u should size your extents depending on the version u're using. It is always good to have initial and next extent of the same size with pctincrease 0. also think beforehand about pctfree and pctused depending on updates, deletes and inserts.(defaults given by oracle are not appropriate)
Also do create a temporary tablespace in case u have not created. I hope this has helped.
All the best
Vijay

In article <3846A6AF.1369BC92_at_pyramique.fr>,   Pierre STREEL <pstreel_at_pyramique.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to optimize my new database. I have 3 types of tables :
> - with 1.000.000 Rows (a lot of insertion in one time)
> - with 100.000 Rows (a lot of insertion in one time)
> - with 10.000 Rows
> - with 1.000 Rows
>
> I created 3 tablespaces for these data :
> - 128 K extent size for the first one
> - 96 K extent size for the second one
> - 64 K extent size for the third
> - 8 K extent size for the last
>
> and 2 tablespace for index, one for the big table and the other for
> small table
>
> Is it good to work like this, is it too much or too small ?
> What's the best solution for storage, in general ?
>
> Thanks in advance :o)
>
> Pierre

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 04 1999 - 05:17:07 CST