Fast Growing TEMP tablespace

From: Garsen Subramoney <Garsen_at_netactive.co.za>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 19:22:44 +0200

Hi

One of our developers has developed a procedure that gows my TEMP tablespace at an enormous rate (my TEMP goes from 200 MB to 800MB in half an hour.)

The effect of this is that the whole database which is running on an RS6000 is brought almost to a shutdown.

What type of proces can cause this much damage? Could bad use of cursors lead to such damage?

Thanks Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 11:22:44 CST