Re: Help!!!! ORA-12004: REFRESH FAST cannot be used for snapshot

From: Joel Garry <jgarry_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 22:42:14 GMT

In article <38470e36.186562192_at_news.earthlink.net>,   andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote:
> ORA-12004 REFRESH FAST cannot be used for snapshot "string"."string"
>
> Cause: The snapshot log does not exist or cannot be used.
>
> Action: Use just REFRESH, which will reinstantiate the entire table.
> If a snapshot log exists and the form of the snapshot allows the use
> of a snapshot log, REFRESH FAST will be available starting the next
> time the snapshot is refreshed.
>
> Why the heck can't I use refresh fast?

The form of the snapshot does not allow it. Only a simple snapshot that selects rows from only one table and doesn't do any set ops or connect bys can do fast.

If that isn't the case, try force.

> Here's what I did.
>
> On Oracle7(master) I created snapshot logs
>
> On Oracle7(master) I created a user and the needed snapshots in his
> schema
>
> I exp the user's schema (owner)
>
> I ftped to the local site, created the same user and imp the data
> (snapshots) together with DB links/views/ indexes

You need to implement as a create table as select over the dblink.

> Now I try to REFRESH, and get the error in the subject.
>
> The whole reason of doing this was b/c the tables are very big
> (300k-3500K)

That's not so big.

> Thanx.
> Andrey Dmitriev eFax: (978) 383-5892 Daytime: (917) 373-5417
> AOL: NetComrade ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email

jg
--
These opinions mine
mailto:joel-garry_at_nospam.home.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 16:42:14 CST