Re: wrap80 with wild card characters

From: PaulCinVT <paulcinvt_at_aol.com>
Date: 03 Dec 1999 19:25:50 GMT

<< I am trying to encrypt my stored procedure with wrap utility given by oracle. The problem is that the iname paramater does not take wild char characters (*) and i have approx two hundred stored procedures and encrypting them is also a headache.
I tried to create a batch file but it doent run in that also.

Does anybody know how i can encrypt my procedures without taking much pain.
I have to do this regularly to send to our clients.

If you are not on MickySoft...
Just polish up your path to your SPs, Fs and PBs and add which owners' names' stuff you will be interested in wrapping...

--_at_Build Wrapper Scripts
SET TERMOUT OFF spool wrapem.sh;

select distinct 'wrap iname= insert hard-wired path info here'||name||'' from dba_source
where owner in ('add your owner1','add your owner2');

spool off;

Then just run the shell command wrapem... Paul in VT Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 13:25:50 CST