Re: dbsnmp_start fails

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 16:45:24 GMT

try this:

delete the snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw files from the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory,

delete all .q files in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent directory,

delete services.ora from the $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent directory,

make sure the /etc/snmpd.conf file has the correct IP address or host name in the "smux" line.

I encountered a similar problem but can't remember the specifics of what I had to do to fix it. Hopefully this will give you a good start.

-Roy

In article <828dlg$1r8$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Andreas Wizemann <AWizemann_at_gmx.de> wrote:
> starting dbsnmp 2.3.4 (Oracle 7.3.4 on AIX 4.3.2)
> fails with following message in dbsnmpw.log
>
> nms-00302 failed to initialize user queue
> nms-00351 encryption key supplied is not the one used to encrypt file
>
> Note: We have 2 AIX system, both running AIX 4.3.2. We COPIED Oracle
> 7 from one system to the other. All instances are running, but
starting
> dbsnmp fails.
>
> Any ideas ??
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 10:45:24 CST