Re: Watch out - maybe your Oracle is not supported!

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:50:34 -0800

  Doc ID:       Note:2055657.6
  Subject                        :   LIST OF SUPPORTED COMPILERS
  Type                            :  SOLUTION
  Status                          :   PUBLISHED
 Last Revision Date        :  19-JAN-1996

   Bulletin : 105009.375

   Author : ASATYAWA

   Category : PCC

   Headline : LIST OF SUPPORTED COMPILERS

  Document ID:                105009.375

  Title:                      List of Supported Compilers

  Creation Date:              26 February 1994

  Last Revision Date:         14 March 1994

  Revision Number:            2

  Product:                    Precomp; OCI

  Product Version:            1.3;1.4;1.5;2,0

  Platform:                   Generic

  Information Type:           Inquiry

  Impact:                     Medium

  Abstract:                   This bulletin is a list of the compilers which

                              Oracle supports with the Precompilers for many

                              popular platforms, for both Oracle V6 and

                              Oracle7

__
                             List of Supported Compilers

  This is a list of compilers needed for PRO* product for the platforms listed

  below. This list will be updated as we get more information.

  A word of caution for the system administrators: Please consider this list as

  a guideline only. Before making a management decision please refer to the IUGs

  also.

  LIST OF PLATFORMS INCLUDED:

  1. SILICON GRAPHICS (SGI IRIX)
  2. AMDAHL (UTS 2.1 and up)
  3. DEC OSF/1 V1.3
  4. DEC ULTRIX
  5. SUN OS 4.1.x (from quickinfo)
  6. Solaris 2.x (from quickinfo)
  7. IBM RS6000 AIX
  8. HP/UX
  9. DG AOS/VS
  10. OS/2 & DOS
  11. DG AViiON & 88Open
  12. Stratus VOS
  13. DEC VMS
  14. SCO UNIX (from quickinfo)
  15. Mac
  16. Windows NT
  17. IBM MVS
  18. CRAY
  19. WANG
  20. THE TRUSTED PORTS (Sun Solaris, HP UX BLS, DEC SEVMS, DEC Ultrix MLS +)
  Platform:                 SILICON GRAPHICS (SGI IRIX)*

  Version:           Oracle 6**           |               Oracle 7**

  Pro*C:         Native C v 2.10          |           Native C v 3.17

  Pro*Cobol:     NA                       |           NA (planned
MicroFocus)

  Pro*Fortran: Native F77 v 3.4 | native F77****

  Pro*Ada: Verdix 4.0*** | NA (planned Verdix 6.2.2)

  Pro*/Pascal:   NA                       |           NA

  Pro*PL/1:      NA                       |           NA

**6.0.36 & 7.0.12

***Verdix 6.2 is supported with a patch (refer to bug 189911)

****with Pro* 1.5.9 and Oracle 7.0.15

  Platform:                      AMDAHL (UTS 2.1 and up)*

  Version:           Oracle 6             |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:         Native C w/UTS 2.1 & up  |          Native C w/UTS 2.1

  & up

  Pro*Cobol: MicroFocus/3 v3.141 | MicroFocus/3 v3.141

  Pro*Fortran: Native F77 w/UTS 2.1 | native F77 w/UTS 2.1

  Pro*Ada:       NA                       |           NA

  Pro*/Pascal:   NA                       |           NA

  Pro*PL/1:      NA                       |           NA

  Platform:                     DEC OSF/1 V1.3*

  Version:           Oracle 6             |               Oracle 7**

  Pro*C:         NA                       |           DEC C Compiler

  Pro*Cobol:     NA                       |           MF-COBOL v ???

  Pro*Fortran:   NA                       |           DEC Fortran

  Pro*Ada:       NA                       |           NA (planned DEC Ada)

  Pro*/Pascal:   NA                       |           NA

  Pro*PL/1:      NA                       |           NA

**7.0.15

  Platform:                        DEC RISC ULTRIX*

  Version:           Oracle 6             |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:          DEC C (bundled with OS) |           DEC C

  (bundled with OS)

  PRO*Cobol: DEC & Micofocus | DEC & Micofocus

  Pro*Fortran:    DEC                     |           DEC

  Pro*Ada:     Verdix Ada  v 6.1 & higher |           Verdix Ada v 6.1 &
higher
               DEC 1.2+                               DEC 1.2+

  Pro*/Pascal:   DEC                      |           DEC

  Pro*PL/1:      NA                       |           NA

  Platform:                         SUN OS 4.1.X*

  Version:           Oracle 6             |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:         Sun C                    |           Sun C

  Pro*Cobol:     Sun COBOL 1.0**          |           Sun COBOL 1.0**

  Pro*Fortran:   Sun FORTRAN 1.4          |           Sun FORTRAN 1.4

  Pro*Ada:       Sun ADA 1.1***           |           Sun ADA 1.1***

  Pro*/Pascal:   NA                       |           NA

  Pro*PL/1:      NA                       |           NA

**Sun is moving to a MicroFocus Compiler. Sun Cobol was based on MF.

***Based on Verdix Ada

  Platform:                      SUN  SOLARIS 2.x*

  Version:           Oracle 6             |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:         Sun ANSI C compiler      |           ANSI C compiler

  Pro*Cobol:     NA                       |           MF Cobol v 3

  Pro*Fortran:   NA                       |     SparcWorks FORTRAN v 2.01

  Pro*Ada:       NA                       |           SUN ADA 2.0

  Pro*/Pascal:   NA                       |           NA

  Pro*PL/1:      NA                       |           NA

  Platform:                        IBM RS6000 AIX*

  Version:           Oracle 6             |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:         IBM C v 1.2.1.8          |           IBM C v 1.2.1.8

  Pro*Cobol      MF v ???                 |           MF v ???

  Pro*Fortran    IBM FORTRAN v 2.3.0.11   |           IBM FORTRAN v 2.3.0.11

  Pro*Ada:       Verdix Ada v ???         |           Verdix Ada v ???

  Pro*/Pascal:   NA                       |           NA

  Pro*PL/1:      NA                       |           NA

  Platform:                             HP/UX*

  Version:           Oracle 6             |               Oracle 7**

  Pro*C:       HP C Compiler, Version 9.19|           HP 9.28

  PRO*Cobol:   HP Micro-Focus COBOL, V1.2 |           HP 1.3

  Pro*Fortran: HP FORTRAN 77 v 8.14       |           HP 9.0

  Pro*Ada:     Alsys ADA v 5.35           |           Alsys 5.5.1

  Pro*/Pascal: HP PASCAL V8.06            |           HP 9.7

  Pro*PL/1:    NA                         |           NA

**7.0.13 release (1.5.7 PRO*)

  Platform:                           DG AOS/VS*

  Version:           Oracle 6**           |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:                                  |           DG 4.0+

  PRO*Cobol:                              |           DG 3.5+

  Pro*Fortran:                            |           DG 4.0+

  Pro*Ada:                                |           NA

  Pro*/Pascal:                            |           NA

  Pro*PL/1:                               |           DG 2.52+

  Platform:                           OS/2 & DOS*

  Version:           Oracle 6**           |               Oracle 7**

  Pro*C:                                  |

  PRO*Cobol:                              |

  Pro*Fortran:                            |

  Pro*Ada:        NA                      |       NA

  Pro*/Pascal:                            |

  Pro*PL/1:       NA                      |       NA

**See support Bulletins: 103337.998, 102902.84 and 102031.452

  Platform:                         DG AViiON & 88Open*

  Version:           Oracle 6**           |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:                                  |       BCS/OCS Certified C

  PRO*Cobol:                              |       BCS/OCS certified M. Focus
3.1
  Pro*Fortran:                            |       Green Hills Fortran 1.8.6

  Pro*Ada:                                |       Verdix Ada 88000 BCS Unix

  Pro*/Pascal:                            |       NA

  Pro*PL/1:                               |       NA

  Platform:                          Stratus VOS*

  Version:           Oracle 6**           |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:                                  |

  PRO*Cobol:                              |

  Pro*Fortran:                            |

  Pro*Ada:                                |

  Pro*/Pascal:                            |

  Pro*PL/1:                               |

**release 10 and higher of the compilers is supported (ie bundled with VOS
10)

  Platform:                           DEC VMS*

  Version:           Oracle 6**           |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:             VAX C 2.1+           |           VAX C 3.1+

  PRO*Cobol:                              |           VAX COBOL 5.1-10+

  Pro*Fortran:                            |           VAX FORTRAN 6.0-1+

  Pro*Ada:                                |           VAX ADA 2.3-3

  Pro*/Pascal:                            |           VAX Pascal 4.3-76

  Pro*PL/1:                               |           VAX PL/1 3.5-124+

  Platform:                          SCO UNIX*

  Version:           Oracle 6             |               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:                                  |

  PRO*Cobol:       MF-COBOL MF 3.1        |     MF-COBOL MF 3.1

  Pro*Fortran:     LPI-FORTRAN            |     LPI Fortran

  Pro*Ada:                                |     Alsys

  Pro*/Pascal:                            |

  Pro*PL/1:                               |

  Platform:                              MAC*

  Version:           Oracle 6**           |               Oracle 7**

  Pro*C:                                  |

  PRO*Cobol:                              |

  Pro*Fortran:                            |

  Pro*Ada:        NA                      |       NA

  Pro*/Pascal:                            |

  Pro*PL/1:       NA                      |       NA

**See support Bul.#102902.84

  Platform: Windows NT*

  Version: Oracle7 ONLY

  Pro*C: Pro*C V1.5.6 for NT supports MS C/C++, (32bit), Version 8

  Pro*Cobol: NA

  Pro*Fortran: NA

  Pro*Ada: NA

  Pro*/Pascal: NA

  Pro*PL/1: NA

  Platform:                            IBM MVS

  Version:           Oracle 6             &               Oracle 7

  Pro*C:          IBM C/370 1.1 or above & SAS/C 3.01 or above**

  PRO*Cobol:      OS/VS Cobol 2.2 or above & VS Cobol II 1.3 or above

  Pro*Fortran: VS Fortran 1.4 or above

  Pro*Ada:        NA                              NA

  Pro*/Pascal:    NA                              NA

  Pro*PL/1:       OS PL/I Optimizing Compiler 1.5 or above

  Platform:                             CRAY

  Version:           Oracle 6***          |               Oracle 7**

  Pro*C:             CRAY4.0.0.3          |

  PRO*Cobol:         NA                   |

  Pro*Fortran:       CRAY FORTRAN 6.0.23  |

  Pro*Ada:           CRAY 3.1             |

  Pro*/Pascal:       CRAY 4.2.1.1         |

  Pro*PL/1:          NA                   |

  Platform:                             WANG

  Version:           Oracle 6***          |               Oracle 7**

  Pro*C:             WANG 3.00.08         |

  PRO*Cobol:         WANG COBOL 74 5.1.00 |

                     WANG COBOL 85 2.10.00|

  Pro*Fortran:       WANG FORTRAN 2.11.00 |

  Pro*Ada:           NA                   |

  Pro*/Pascal:       NA                   |

  Pro*PL/1:          NA                   |

                                THE TRUSTED PORTS*

  Platform:                           DEC SEVMS

  Version:                         Oracle 7.0.15

  Pro*C:                              DEC 3.1

  PRO*Cobol:                          DEC COBOL

  Pro*Fortran:                        DEC Fortran77

  Pro*Ada:                            DEC ADA

  Pro*/Pascal:                        DEC

  Pro*PL/1:                           DEC

  Platform:                           HP/UX BLS

  Version:                          Oracle 7.0.13

  Pro*C:                              HP C

  PRO*Cobol:                          Microfocus 1.1

  Pro*Fortran:                        HP Fortran77

  Pro*Ada:                            Alsys 5.35

  Pro*/Pascal:                         NA

  Pro*PL/1:                            NA

  Platform:                        DEC Ultrix MLS+

  Version:                          Oracle 7.0.13

  Pro*C:                              DEC 3.0

  PRO*Cobol:                          Microfocus 1.3-Be

  Pro*Fortran:                        DEC Fortran77  77-320

  Pro*Ada:                            Verdix 6.1.0

  Pro*/Pascal:                         NA

  Pro*PL/1:                            NA

  Platform:                      SUN Trusted Solaris

  Version:                            Oracle 7.0.13

  Pro*C:                               SUN 1.0

  PRO*Cobol:                           NA

  Pro*Fortran:                         SUN 1.4

  Pro*Ada:                             SUN 1.1

  Pro*/Pascal:                         NA

  Pro*PL/1:                            NA

__
                                               Oracle WorldWide Customer
Support

  .

   Copyright (c) 1995,1999 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Legal Notices and Terms of Use.

ITS_CARD

Yass Khogaly Senior Principal Consultant Internet Technologies Services (ITS) Oracle Consulting Toll 800 862 4563 Ext. 3323 Fax 720.330.2202 Oracle Corporation Home 303 694 2870 6501 East Belleview Avenue. Cell 303.807.0374 Englewood, Colorado 80111 Email ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com

____ "The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"