Re: Duplicating a Database on the same machine

From: Jim Day <jday_at_fslso.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:16:09 -0500

I'm interested in the methods you are using. We have a production, development, and test databases. Currently, I export the production database and then import into the other databases as needed (after deleting all objects owner by the user/schema in the database I am importing into). This process currently takes about 4 hours. There must be an easier way.

Jim