Re: Oracle Listener parameters

From: <hylanddp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 14:32:19 GMT

Thanks! I have implemented this change in the LISTENER.ORA file and initial results are encouraging. The degradation still took place, but at a much slower pace.

Another potential revision to the solution is to add the parm to all of the Oracle instances described in the ORA file. Initially I only added it to the one database. There are a total of five. I will be monitoring again today, hopefully finding the problem solved. Tks!

Den

> > I'm having trouble with a instance on an HP-UX
> > server running 7.3.2.2 where performance degrades
> > progressively during the day.
> >
> > Consultant has advised adding this parameter to
> > the SID_DESC section of the LISTENER.ORA file:
> >
> > (SID_DESC =
> >
> > (GLOBAL_DBNAME = my.global.name)
> > (SID_NAME = mysid)
> > (ORACLE_HOME = my/oracle/home)
> > (PRESPAWN_MAX = 10)
> > (ENVS='EPC_DISABLE=TRUE')<<<<------new
> >
> > I need to know what this new parm is and what it
> > means beyond it being an undocumented feature that
> > helped in a similar situation. I have not found
> > any documentation via Oracle, Revealnet or text
> > books. Thanks!
> >
> > Den
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 08:32:19 CST