Re: create database does not work - ORA-01403

From: Karsten Wenger <Karsten.Wenger_at_medizin.uni-ulm.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 15:08:23 +0100

 NeilC wrote:

> before running the create database, spool to a file so that the output is
> captured, and post the output.
> Alternatively, if its not too big, post the create database script.
>
> NeilC
>
> Karsten Wenger wrote in message <38465567.E188981D_at_medizin.uni-ulm.de>...
> >We tried to tune our Oracle Server 7.3.3.0.0 and made a full export.
> >We edited the init.ora to resize the db-block-size parameter.
> >Then we deleted all *.dbf and control files. Next we issued
> >a create database command, which created the new logfiles, the
> >new system.dbf and the new controlfiles, but finally the command
> >fails saying:
> >
> >*
> >ORA-01403: no data found
> >SVRMGRL>
> >
> >Does anyone knows what we can do now ?
> >Please help
> >TIA
> >Karsten

Hi,
thanks a lot for your response. I did not include the create script into my posting because we got exactly the same Message when we just issued a
" create database test " and nothing more. So our problem seems to be dependant on our particular setting, i.e. the sequence of actions we performed prior to the create statement, which we did not log, of course. In

the meantime we returned happily to the state where we started from, by just importing
everything back into the old database, which we restored somehow. Our original
plan to tune the existing database by exporting everything, raising db_block_size
from 2 to 8 or 16 megs,creating the new database and importing everything has failed. But
who cares for speed when the database can not even be created and your users begin
to get nervous ...

So, thanks again
Cheers
Karsten Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 08:08:23 CST