Transactions with OAS

From: <anupjalan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 11:51:31 GMT

Hi All of You!

I have two NT Servers as following:

		Server01		Server02
		--------		--------
OS		NT4 SP3			NT4 SP3
DB		Ora8i EE
OAS					OAS 4.0.7 (Single Node)

With these resources, I want to enable Transaction Services for my Web Application working on OAS.

The Usual Steps for this are listed in the OAS manuals. But I have the following queries:

Q1	Since the OAS and the DB are on different machines, is it
        necessary to have multi node OAS installation?

Q2	Is it necessary to create a DTC if the DB is Ora8i?

Q3	Of the three components viz. Listener, ORB and Cartridge, which
        do I configure on the remote node?

Q4	How do I check whether the OTS has been installed on the DB
        server?

Q5	When specifying the Global DB Name for Transaction enabling a
        DAD, is it necessary to use the DB name same as the one
        mentioned for the db_name initialization parameter? If no, what
        are the conventions/rules to be followed in specifying this
        Global DB Name?

Q6	What role does the setting of time zone in OWA_CUSTOM package
        play for the Transactions to succeed or fail?

Can someone please answer these queries?

TIA Dharmesh Joshi
Email: d_j_at_vsnl.com

       dharmeshj_at_anup.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 05:51:31 CST