Replication

From: Screamer <mflopes_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:09:31 -0000

I have several servers that have a network connection between them but won't have in the future.
My apllication stores data from several companys. The main server will have all the data off all companys. I want the other's to have only the data belonging to each company. Example 1 : in the main server i insert a row that will belong to company 'A'. That row will be replicated on to that company's database. Example 2 : in company 'B', i insert a row belong to company 'B'. That row will be replicated to to the main server only. Not to any other server.

Please note that, in the future, the server will have connection to only 1 server at a time.

How can i do this ?

I think that updatable snapshots are an option, however, i'm having some trouble on creating it.
Also, i think that changes made in a company's database will be replicated to all the others.

Please help ... Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 04:09:31 CST