Re: Installed new ram -- recieved worse performance

From: Vyacheslav Lebedev <lebedev_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:34:21 -0800

Hi,
when you added memory, did you adjust your swap and init.ora settings? And, by the way, limitations for memory per process in kernel?

Oracle needs swap = 2*ram; it makes 6Gb in your case. As for 1.5 hour... Probably, that was a time for Solaris to make up with the swap you have got from previous "memory incarnation" :).

Good luck. Please let us know the result.