Help!!!! ORA-12004: REFRESH FAST cannot be used for snapshot

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 00:32:29 GMT

ORA-12004 REFRESH FAST cannot be used for snapshot "string"."string"

Cause: The snapshot log does not exist or cannot be used.

Action: Use just REFRESH, which will reinstantiate the entire table. If a snapshot log exists and the form of the snapshot allows the use of a snapshot log, REFRESH FAST will be available starting the next time the snapshot is refreshed.

Why the heck can't I use refresh fast?

Here's what I did.

On Oracle7(master) I created snapshot logs

On Oracle7(master) I created a user and the needed snapshots in his schema

I exp the user's schema (owner)

I ftped to the local site, created the same user and imp the data
(snapshots) together with DB links/views/ indexes

Now I try to REFRESH, and get the error in the subject.

The whole reason of doing this was b/c the tables are very big
(300k-3500K)

Thanx.

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 373-5417
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email