Re: OLTP tuning guides

From: <tedchyn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 19:51:10 GMT

riad, here is some of reference posted on this forum.

               Here is where the Tuning book scripts
            are (over 100):

            http://www.tusc.com/books/perf_tune.html

                           Here's the link to get the book on
            Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0078824346/theultimatesoftwA/102- 34

                           74260-0824009

                           Here is where the PL/SQL book (by Joe
            Trezzo) scripts are (over 100):
                           http://www.tusc.com/books/plsql.html

                           Here's the link to get the book on
            Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0078824389/theultimatesoftwA/102- 34

                           74260-0824009

                           Here's what's in the Tuning Book:
                           Oracle Performance Tuning Tips and
            Techniques (ISBN: 0078824346), Richard
                           J. Niemiec
                           Chapter 1 Over A Decade of Tuning
            Experience
                           Chapter 2 Basic Index Principles
                           Chapter 3 Disk I/O and Fragmentation
                           Chapter 4 Tuning the init.ora (Also,
            Appendix A gives full list) Chapter 5
                           Enterprise Manager and Tuning Pack
                           Chapter 6 Using explain plan, trace,
            and tkprof
                           Chapter 7 Basic Hint Syntax
                           Chapter 8 Query Tuning
                           Chapter 9 Table Joins and Other Advance
            Query Tuning
                           Chapter 10 Using pl/sql to Enhance
            Performance
                           Chapter 11 Using Parallel Feature to
            Improve Performance
                           Chapter 12  Oracle8 and Oracle8i New
            Feature
                           Chapter 13 Examples: Oracle8 and 8i New
            Tips
                           Chapter 14 The v$ Views (Also, Appendix
            B gives list of all)
                           Chapter 15 The x$ Tables (Also,
            Appendix C gives list of all)
                           Chapter 16 Using and Interpreting
            ultestat/ultbstat
                           Chapter 17 Performing a Quick System
            Review
                           Chapter 18 Monitor the System Using
            unix Utilities
                           Appendix A  Full list of INIT.ora
            parameters
                           Appendix B Full list of both Oracle7/8
            V$ views and creation from X$ tables
                           Appendix C  Full list of both Oracle7/8
            x$ tables

                           Here's what's in the PL/SQL Book:
                           By Joseph Trezzo (ISBN: 0078824389)

                           Chapter 1:Reviewing PL/SQL Growth and
            Setting the Stage
                           Chapter 2:Maximizing PL/SQL Development
            with the Power of SQL
                           Chapter 3:Establishing PL/SQL Coding
            Standards
                           Chapter 4:Defining Standard PL/SQL
            Coding Techniques
                           Chapter 5:Defining Standard PL/SQL
            Program Unit Techniques
                           Chapter 6:Exploring the Expansive
            PL/SQL Language Commands
                           Chapter 7:Maximizing PL/SQL By
            Optimizing SQL
                           Chapter 8:Maximizing PL/SQL by
            Optimizing PL/SQL
                           Chapter 9:Examining DBA-Related PL/SQL
            Issues
                           Chapter 10:Unlocking PL/SQL Security
                           Chapter 11:Exploring the Oracle
            Supplied PL/SQL Packages
                           Chapter 12:Understanding the Power of
            the Oracle Supplied PL/SQL Packages
                           Chapter 13:Taking Advantage of the
            PL/SQL Data Dictionary
                           Chapter 14:Exploring PL/SQL Product
            Integration
                           Chapter 15:Understanding the Critical
            Role of PL/SQL in the Web
                           Chapter 16:New PL/SQL Related Features
            in Oracle8 and Oracle8i
                           Appendix A:The Example Database
                           Appendix B:PL/SQL Quick Reference
                           Appendix C:PL/SQL Data Dictionary
            Reference

In article <823uv7$s5h$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Riad <rsouissi_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could someone advice me on online Web guides and books, covering
ORACLE
> OLTP tunning issues ? (like how to set the database to support lot of
> concurrent connections, open_cursors, etc...) both for medium and
large
> sized databases ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Riad
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 02 1999 - 13:51:10 CST