Re: oracle crash?

From: Nicolas Bronke <newsgroup_at_trinity.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:41:08 +0100

> >Warning: OCISessionBegin: ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (50)
> >exceeded in /home/httpd/htdocs/userlogin_o.php3 on line 7
> >
> >I try to modify the initORCL.ora, but the max. number is 9xx.
> >How can I use Oracle more effective?
>

> I think that the limit you're running into is not from Oracle's side, but
> one imposed by the operating system. Unix systems typically limit a Unix
> userid to a maximum number of allowable processes that can be run
> simultaneously in that userid.
>
> This as far as I know requires a change to a Unix kernel parameter and a
> rebuild of the Unix kernel.

Sorry for intervention, but I had such a problem on a NT machine with Oracle 8i. In my case it must be a problem with the enterprise manager and some automatic mistaken snapshots and perhaps a problem during installation. After recreating the database, I did not get this error again. Regards
Nicolas Received on Thu Dec 02 1999 - 09:41:08 CST