Re: Archive Logs

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.NOSPAM!.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 16:12:40 GMT

You must use the control files from your current database - otherwise you are recovering to the time of the cold backup - hence no recovery.

If you do not have the current control file -then you must create a backup control file and use that instead. To create a backup controlfile do 'Alter system backup controlfile to trace'. Find the trace file, rename the existing controlfiles and run the script contained in the trace file. This will recreate the controlfiles.

Now startup the datbase and do 'recover until cancel'. This will read the archive logs until you say stop

Alex