Re: DB-independent SQL

From: Tom Best <Tom.Best_at_bentley.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 08:41:22 -0500

Get a copy of the SQL-92 ANSI standard. Most major DBMSs adhere to it, but there are three levels of adherance, so read each vendors compatibility notes carefully. That takes care of the SQL syntax. Of course, you need to be sure you don't depend on any DBMS-specific environment... like triggers, or stored procedures, unless you are sure all target DBMSs have an equivalent.

Tom Best