What is "not logged on"?

From: sds <sds_at_hscs.hoseo.ac.kr>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 22:59:14 +0900

Hi all,

I'v installed Oracle8i on Linux, and then Application Server 3.0.2. After that, when I tried to startup database, I'v got such error message:

              ORA-01012: not logged on
              Cause: A host language program issued an Oracle call,
other than OLON or OLOGON, without   being logged on
              to Oracle. This can occur when a user process attempts to
access the database after the instance it is
              connected to terminates, forcing the process to
disconnect.

              Action: Log on to Oracle, by calling OLON or OLOGON, before issuing any Oracle calls. When the instance has

              been restarted, retry the action.

I can understand above error message. Any suggestion? Received on Thu Dec 02 1999 - 07:59:14 CST