Re: Oracle Internet Directory

From: Robin Elfrink <robin_at_a1.nl>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 08:47:43 +0100

Yass Khogaly wrote:

> > The LDAP server keeps encrypting the passwords to what looks like LanMan
> > encryption, but the documentation says nothing about it.

> Using Secure Single Sign On in a three tier thin client architecture

I should have given more details.

I meant the 'userPassword' attribute in the 'person' object. I've been using the old UMich LDAP-server for some time now, which returns the userPassword as stored in the database. This we can use to verify users on unix machines (pam_ldap or nss_ldap).

Now the OID server encrypts the userPassword attributes to something which looks like LanMan (NT) encryption, which is unusable on a (my) unix systems.

So all I want to know is were I can switch off this behaviour, if at all possible.