Re: Moving Database from NT -> AIX

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 01:19:12 -0500

You should also experiment with spooling the contents out to a flat file and then using SQL Loader to populate the new database. You can find a script that unloads at
http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte

Another possibility is to create a database link and then just do a series of:

CREATE TABLE <table_name> AS SELECT * FROM <table_name>@<db_link_name>;

I have found both of these approaches to be much faster than export/import.

hth
jerry gitomer

<822vtb$4ho$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...